This blushing bride is my boyfriend's best friend Steve's wife, Corinne. Okay, obviously in these pictures she was not yet Mrs. Bowen, but you get the idea. She asked me to do the honor of applying her makeup for their very special day. I was a little nervous, being a bridal makeup newbie, but everything went smoothly.
I first asked Corinne what her daily makeup and skincare routine was. She admitted that she didn't usually wear anything other than moisturizer and thought her skin was "combo." Here's a run through of what we did.
1. After washing her face, I applied moisturizer and Elizabeth Arden's Eye Fix Primer above and under the eyes.
2. I dabbed on MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer around nose and mouth and all over the eye area.
3. Using MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Medium, I very gently set the concealer.
4. I mixed MAC Paint in Bare Canvas (shimmery champagne) and Paint Pot in Painterly (nude beige) with MAC #239 Eye Shading Brush and applied to the eyes, all the way up to the brow bone.
5. On top of the cream shadows, I applied MAC Retrospeck (a pale bleached blonde with shimmer). To define the crease, I used MAC Romp (chocolate laced with gold). I lined eyes (top lid only) with Bobbi Brown's Liner Brush and Bobbi Brown Shadow in Smoke.
6. For cheeks, I added definition with Sonia Kashuk's bronzer. Cheeks popped with pale peach (Benefit Shangri-la Sheers in Love & Mirage).
7. For a little gleam, I used MAC Barbie Beauty Powder in Pearl Blossom (shimmery pink) on the brow bones and cheekbones.
8. Corinne curled her own eye lashes and I applied waterproof Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in Black.
9. Not being a lipstick or gloss girl, Corinne chose to use her own Aveda Lip Tint SPF 15 in Verbena.