Dame Edna is the resident muse for our spectacular post-holiday makeup collection, and modestly describes herself as "probably the most popular and gifted woman in the world today: housewife, investigative journalist, social anthropologist, talk-show host, swami, children's book illustrator, spin doctor, megastar, and Icon."
With packaging as mirthful and minx-like as The Legend herself, the Dame Collection of heavy-on-the-lilac Lipstick/Lipglass, eye shadow, Highlight powder and nail lacquers is in a class by itself! "Follow my beauty regime possums, and you'll never be cosmetically challenged." - Dame Edna
So I have to say that I'm not entirely sure why MAC chose Dame Edna as a beauty icon, but I do understand that she's popular in certain circles. Regardless, I do find the lilac packaging with sparkly red glasses pretty cute. I was most drawn to the lip selection and highlighting powder.
* Gladiola - Matte mid-tone blue pink
* Coral Polyp - Creamy mid-tone coral
* Kanga Rouge - Creamy dark blue red
* Hot Frost - Sheer mid-tone blue pink with multi-dimensional pearl
* Splendid - Frosty pale pinky coral
* Possum Nose Pink - Sheer bright coral with multi-dimensional pearl
Royal Tour Eye Trio ($32.50)
* Royal Tour - Mid-tone cool lilac
* Dame’s Desire - Frosty mid-tone reddish purple
* Climate Blue - Dark blue violet with pink pearl
Wisteria Eye Trio ($32.50)
* Fineshine - Frosty true silver
* Wisteria - Frosty robin’s egg blue
* Divine Night - Frosty charcoal with silver pearl
Hi-Light Powder ($26.00)
* What a Dame! - Pale clean orangey peach
* Spectacle! - Pale soft pink
Nail Lacquer ($11.00)
* Asiatique - Creamy classic red
* Varicose Violet - Frosty Mid-tone pinkish purple
To win a Dame Edna Eye Shadow Trio in Wisteria, leave a comment saying what you think of or know about Dame Edna. Winner will be picked at random on January 3rd.