LEAD ARTIST: Diane Kendal for NARS Cosmetics
TREND: Smoky eyes
Inspiration: The collection took inspiration from the 1940’s, reflecting the surrealist images of photographer Lee Miller. Combined with a bit of 80’s rock and roll glam, makeup artist Diane Kendal created a strong look without being too girly.
Look: “The look is all about the eyes with soft matte lips for contrast,” said Diane Kendal. To bring strength to the face, Diane focused on creating smoky eyes and full brows, while downplaying the lips and keeping skin fresh with a light brushing of blush for a healthy glow.
· Use NARSskin Hydrating Moisture Cream to moisturize entire face
· Apply NARS Concealer as needed, to cover any imperfections
· Use a minimal amount of NARS Sheer Glow Foundation (NEW for Fall 2009)
· Lightly stroke NARS Blush in Gilda on the apples of the cheeks
· Use NARS Eyeliner Pencil in Mambo to line upper lashes and crease
· Blend over entire lid and up to brows, keeping dense color by lashline
· With Mambo, line lower lashes and gently blend
· Use NARS Single Eyeshadow in Bali to fill in brows
· Draw a very thin line on upper lashes with NARS Eyeliner Stylo in Black (NEW for Fall 2009)
· Curl lashes with NARS Eyelash Curler
· Apply NARS Lip Therapy Treatment in Rain to entire lip
· Lightly pat a small amount of NARS Concealer over Rain to take down color